Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Pick a card, any card

November 15, 2006

As I've previously stated in past bloggings, I usually attempt to be creative when buying and or planning. And so, as maid of honor and bachelorette party planner for the recently passed November 5 wedding I was in, I didn't want to do the run of the mill thing.

So we went to a psychic. You may say this was a gutsy move, as clearly, Savetta the fortune teller would be able to tell whether or not this marriage was going to make it or not. I mean, she is a psychic and all. But I wasn't worried, since for a change, cyncial me actually trusts that this one could stand the test of time.

Anyway, Savetta did her thing. Some people chose palm readings, some chose tarot cards, and some did both. I, being a total believer and chicken, waited until the end to decide if I wanted to do it at all. After hearing other people's, I decided that the crystal ball doesn't really know everything...some things, but not everything, and that for the sake of the fun-ness of the par-tay, I would partake.

She told me to choose 10 cards. I stared back at her and asked if there was a death card in there. She smiled, and said, "of course." Reassuring. Holding my breath while turning blueish-purple, I carefully and randomly picked the cards I "felt drawn to." And because I do have psychic abilities myself, I safely avoided the death card.

I did not, however, safely avoid the cards that were - my life. She told me things that she couldn't have known unless I myself called her up that morning to give her a Shauna life synopsis. A boring story for anyone to sit through, let alone someone who thinks she already knows.

She knew things about the people in my life. She knew things about my job. My side business. And she didn't mention marriage or children, which frankly seems right on. My friends, the bach party attendees, who were listening in had dropped jaws at the end of the reading. She was no joke. A local John Edwards if you will. Well, without the contacting the dead part.

Anyway, I was more than impressed, a little surprised, and deeply freaked out by my reading. And then, to top it off with a little confusion/depression, she suggested to me (and to me only) to come back and see her for spiritual counseling.

Savetta is in Mt. Washington, across from the Tavern, if you're curious. But be warned that she may imply that you are screwed up, closed off, and in desparate need of spiritual release.

No comments: