Wednesday, January 17, 2007

"I do." But do you, really?

July 18, 2006

If a couple, after 30 years of marriage, can decide that they want to get divorced, then really...what's the point of marriage in the first place?

I mean here I am, nearly 25 years of age, witnessing my friends tie the knot. And I guess I'm ignorant on the subject, sure, but it just wow's me that so many people are willing to jump in, head first, promising their entire life to someone who, for all they know, could be a completely different person tomorrow, in a year, or apparently, in 30 years.

So if you never really know...why bother? It can't be fun being 60 and having to start over.
Sorry for my cynicism, and possible ignorance on the subject. And to any of you who are married, getting married, planning on getting married, etc., don't take offense. Ok? Great.

No comments: