Friday, February 2, 2007

"The Way I See It" Friday

February 2, 2007

This was on my Starbucks cup today:

The Way I See It #160:
"Sixty-nine percent of all problems in relationships are unsolvable. They are about the differences in personality or needs. They never change. When you choose someone, you have inherited the problems you will have for the next 50 years. Unfortunately, we pick people who are not as perfect as we are, so relationships work if you have wound up with perpetual problems you can learn to live with." -Dr. John Gottman, author

Now, for my "the way I see it" of the day/week (we'll see how often I can come up with these)...

It's completely ridiculous that we devote a day to groundhogs. I mean, they really aren't something we should rely on for information of the future. And yet, we devote one day of the year to them, and each year, we tune in and 100% believe, without question, that they hold the answer. They can't even talk, and yet, we're going to trust Phil the GH, or whatever his name is, that winter is or isn't going to last another 6 weeks? I don't even listen to my mother when she tells me things she swears to know, yet I completely trust the shadow of a groundhog. Or, lack there of....

Not as profound as those published on Starbucks cups perhaps...

3 comments:

Jamie B said...

Well, we live in a country that trusts George W. Bush enough to vote for him not once but twice so what do you expect? To me, neither one is really more believable than the other..a shadow for 6 more weeks of winter or WMDs!

lbk said...

You should submit this to Starbucks. I've been trying to think of one to submit for forever!

lbk said...

You should submit this to Starbucks. I've been trying to think of one to submit for forever!