Thursday, February 8, 2007

I'm Sorry, What?

February 8, 2007

It's a little scary when you do things like brew coffee without the pot, stick your keys in the freezer, be involved in a conversation while hearing nothing that's being said, search everywhere for your sunglasses when the whole time you've had them on your head, can't find the pen you're holding in your hand, dial the wrong persons phone number, can't remember what you wore yesterday, accidentally call your friend by your dog's name, say things and realize that it didn't make any sense, type what you're saying instead of what you're thinking, get lost on a road you've driven a million times before, grab something bare-handed that you know is hot, forget the tune of your favorite song, drop something just because you forget you're holding it, walk into a wall, put something in a "secret" spot and then forget the secret, pour a packet of Equal into your hand instead of your coffee (this being the inspiration for this blog)...

I guess I don't really have anything more to say besides, at what point should you start to worry that you're actually losing you're mind? I have a feeling it has something to do with finding sugar substitute in the palm of your hand, but I can't be sure.

2 comments:

lbk said...

I called my dad by my husband's name while I was responding to something stupid he said; does this mean that when I hear stupidity, I automatically think of the man with whom I'm spending the rest of my life?

Anonymous said...

I'd like to hear more about calling your friend by your dog's name! Dang, I'd be hurt for weeks.